Sunday, September 20, 2009

YL CAMP

First of all, if you're in high school, you need to go to YL camp! It's SUCH an awesome experience. Forget about the cost.. there are fundraisers for that! There are camps all over the country and your YL area decides what one to attend that summer. Camps are a week long and campers take a charter bus there. (Don't let a loooong ride stop you from going.. I went to Colorado and that took like 19 hours.) I've gone to camps in Michigan, Minnesota, Virginia, and Colorado. At camp you eat the most amazing food! Waitors actually bring it to you, unlike typical camps. The cabins are all super nice and the camp sites are beautiful! At camp you might go tubing, banana boating, parasailing, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, or rock climbing. Also, the high ropes courses and the big swing are very fun! As you can see, each camp has so many different activities to offer.
Beside all the freetime, there are awesome "clubs" at camp. At club, everyone sings songs and watches skits. Also, an amazing speaker tells life changing things at camp that bring each and everyone closer to God. I always leave feeling changed. I know a lot of people feel "iffy" about the word "changed" but trust me, it's a good change. :) After going to camp in 8th grade, I always made sure to go every summer! Heres the "Timberwolf Lake" site. This is the first YL camp I attended. Whenever I go to camp, I never want the week to be over!

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this blog. It gave me a good feel of what YL camp was about. There are a couple errors I need to point out. This sentence
    I've gone to camps in Michigan, Minnesota, Virginia, Colorado. (I think it should be Virginia, and Colorado.) The other error was in this sentence I never want the week to be over! (I think you meant wanted.) Other then that it was a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this blog it sounds to me like camp would be a lot of fun to go to. I agree with carly in how there was a few errors but it was very good it would be very exciting to go to YL camp. It would definitely be a great experience. And i like how you have the site of the first one you went to it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice britta. I loved youonglife camp and this just took me back! I liked how you listed the things we do at camp. Especially the banana boat, now that was crazy. Its always a great experience! Just go back couple times before posting so you dont encounter any errors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young Life sounds like it would be so fun! I might have to check it out sometime. I like how you describe Young Life it gives me a good idea of what it actually is

    ReplyDelete